Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Avoid These In Blogging

Avoid These In BloggingI have been blogging for more than two years now. It just annoys me that some blogs or websites sometimes unconsciously do these stuffs. Here are some of my not so good observations:

1. Using of dark color background or theme and using a font color close to the background color. Isn't it annoying that you have to highlight the text just to read the content?

2. Automatic playing of music video and audio music. Unless you're a music artist then that is an exception. Isn't it annoying that you will just be surprised with a loud music especially if you're at work? It is also very annoying if the music is so loud and you're with an earphones.

3. Using of small fonts as if readers can read font size like 3 or 4. (courtesy of Babette).

Forgot the other things on my head, will just add to it later.

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

Share This Post Digg This Del.icio.us Furl Reddit Fav This With Technorati Yahoo MyWeb Stumble This

16 comments

1. Babette

February 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Add to your list the fonts that are so small you have to get close to the monitor to read it.

2. Makoy

February 7, 2009 at 10:58 PM

thanks Babette. I will add that one.

3. ChinkyGirLMeL

February 8, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Thanks for the tips... =) will definitely keep that in mind. =) the automatic playing of music kind of gets on my nerves too.

4. Makoy

February 8, 2009 at 2:34 AM

thanks chinky!

5. rose

February 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM

nice tip kuya, pero doon sa music di mo maiiwasan un kasi halos lahat ng may blog ngayon ay naglalagay ng mga music sa sidebar nila para panlibang sa bisita kaya lang minsan nakakairita kasi medyo bumabagal ang loading ng site pag may mga ganoon.

6. Sherry

February 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I know one of my blog having the black and red. The color is kind of clashed. Still looking for the right theme for it.

by the way just subscribed this blog for contest :)

7. Makoy

February 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM

hi rose, i agree the page loads slower.

thanks sherry for joining!

8. WebbieLady

February 9, 2009 at 4:37 AM

I also hate so dark backgrounds, especially if there are so much contrast, especially that I have astigmatsm, it hurts my eyes a lot..

As for the music, i like the others but some are so irrittating and better be careful coz entrecard does not allow these auto playing stuffs to be around.. The blogger will be in danger of being deleted in EC..

20th BigMak Contest point for WebbieLady

9. Makoy

February 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM

i did not know that entrecard doesn't allow that. thanks for the tip webbie :) what you're name by the way?

10. Martin in Bulgaria

February 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Have to agree with all the points of irritation. Surely theose who do these things must know that these arent' popular, especially of they have to put up with other blogs with the same symptoms

11. Internet Marketing | diTesco

February 11, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Hello. You are absolutely right with those annoying things such as music and fonts so small you can not even read it. Sometimes we forget that our audience can be all ages and also those who need glasses to read:) Dark background could be annoying specially if the contrast is too. To fill the gap, you might be interested in reading this post that also says something about how to choose your template and design

12. webbielady

February 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Yes, Makoy. I know a blogger friend or even few of them who got deleted with their auto playing music. That is a no-NO at EC. As for my name, I am always WebbieLady... ^^ Kababayan mo.

Again, going back to dark backgrounds and stuffs, I understand the bloggers who do it.... most are new and young as I did the same thing when I was starting out. Only when I joined EC that I got exposed to blogs of many others who are more organized and popular and who are darn well earning...but before that period? I was a blogger in my own world, without looking back to my readers/audience what they'd say or what their reaction would be. When you are new, who the hell cares what you like or not? I never even realized there were a million bloggers until I grew months in the blogging world... In short, it takes quite some time to realize these irritants.

92nd BigMak Contest point for WebbieLady

13. deann

February 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM

thanks sa tip kuya. i was planning to add a music player on my blog. pero sa nabasa ko now. i won't do it anymore. thanks. keep it up.

14. Makoy

February 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM

hi deann, you can add a music player but don't auto play the songs.

15. Sherry

February 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I avoid blog with auto music play.

16. Sherry

March 7, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I am so excited one of my blog getting a makeover. I hope it is better than before.

Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting